A real estate agent can assist you in understanding everything you need to know about the home buying and selling process.
Not all real estate licensees are the same; only those who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” trademark on their business cards and other marketing and sales literature.
REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
If you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are more reasons to use one:
- When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in your marketplace as well as the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In California, over half of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer.
Your California REALTOR® acts as a marketing coordinator, distributing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc.
- Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. NAR studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing – and a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
- Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Issues may arise between the initial sales agreement and closing (also called settlement or escrow), for example, unexpected repairs may be required to obtain financing or a title problem is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.
If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in California and do not know where to turn for assistance, give me a call at 909-503-5600 and I can refer you to a local dedicated Real Estate Professional to work with. I look forward in hearing from you about the dream of owning or selling a home. You can also complete a short contact form HERE.