If you are looking to buy or sell a home in or around the city of Rancho Cucamonga, CA, you’ll probably want to not only find the best agent for your needs, but one with integrity and one that knows the ropes. They don’t have to be your best friend, but they should be someone that you genuinely like—because you’ll be spending a lot of time with them.
Start with recommendations from family and friends. Ask what they liked about them. What they didn’t like. And then take it one step further — spend about 30-45 minutes and ask them these questions!
- How long have you been selling residential real estate?
- Is it your full time job?
- What are your credentials?
- What other type of real estate training courses have you had?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- How many buyers did you represent?
- What’s the average time to sell a home (if listing your home for sale)?
- How do you plan to market my home for sale?
- What’s the average time it took you to sell your listings?
- What’s the average time you spend with someone buying a home (if buying)?
- How close to the asking price, versus the sales price, are you able to negotiate (both for buyers and sellers)?
- Will you represent me exclusively (if you are a buyer)?
- How many lenders do you work with (if you need a mortgage)?
- Why do you like working with these lenders?
- What other service providers do you work with?
- Do you get any compensation when you refer them to me?
- How will you communicate with me?
- How often should I expect to hear from you?
Just a couple of things to keep in mind! Experience is not a guarantee that the person is successful. Ask additional questions if you don’t understand the answers. Ask for references. Make the telephone calls. And before you buy or sell your home, by all means get pre-approved ahead of time.